To obtain your own Linden Library card, you will need the following forms of identification:
- A valid, current driver's license showing a Linden address
If you do not possess a current New Jersey driver's license, you must present
two forms of ID, one from each of the following categories:
- Category A
- Utility Bill (phone, gas, electric)
- Payroll Stub
- Bank Account Statement
- Property Tax Bill
- Rental Lease (showing your name and a Linden address)
- Category B
- Social Security card
- Voter Registration Card
- Senior ID
- Current Driver's License with out-of-town address
To obtain a Linden Library card for children and young adults:
- Children who are Linden residents may apply for a library card if they can write their full name. Registration must be done in person.
- A parent or legal guardian (with proof of guardianship) must accompany the child in order to sign both the application and the library card, and also be present for renewals every two years. They must also decide whether or not to approve Internet usage.
- Proof of Linden residency must be presented before the card can be issued.
All materials borrowed by the patron are expected to be returned in the condition in which they were borrowed.
Media items must be returned with all cover art, booklets, inserts, and/or liner notes they contained when they were borrowed.
Patrons are responsible for all damaged and lost materials.
Certain adult media items such as DVDs and Audiobooks can only be checked out to patrons who are 18 years or older. Music CDs may be checked out on a Young Adult card.
The last checkout time for DVDs is 15 minutes before closing.
Patrons may renew their materials online by heading over to the "My Account" portal.
Summer reading books and items on hold may not be renewed.
|New Books||14 Days||7 Days|
|Adult Books||28 Days||14 Days|
|Juvenile Books||28 Days||14 Days|
|Summer Reading Materials (Grades 2-8, Any) Nov-Apr||28 Days||14 Days|
|Summer Reading Materials (Grades 2-8, Any) May-Oct||14 Days||No Renewals|
|Summer Reading Materials (Grades 9-12, Any) Nov-Apr||28 Days||14 Days|
|Summer Reading Materials (Grades 9-12, Any) May-Oct||14 Days||No Renewals|
|Adult Audiobooks (Cassettes & CDs)||28 Days||14 Days|
|Juvenile Audiobooks||28 Days||14 Days|
|DVDs||3 Days||1 Day|
|DVDs (Non-Fiction)||7 Days||3 Day|
|CDs||7 Days||7 Days|
|CD-Rom Software||7 Days||7 Days|
|Material||Daily Fines||Maximum Fine|
|Summer Reading Materials (Grades 2-8, Any) Nov-May||$0.10||$10.00|
|Summer Reading Materials (Grades 2-8, Any) Jun-Oct||$0.25||$10.00|
|Summer Reading Materials (Grades 9-12, Any)||$0.25||$10.00|
|Adult Audiobooks (Cassettes & CDs)||$0.25||$10.00|
|Fax Transmission Services||$2.00 (First Page) & $1.00 (Each Additional Page)|
|Lost or Damaged Items (Processing Fee)||$5.00|
|Incomplete Media Items **||Designated Replacement Cost|
|Collection Agency Fee||$10.00|
** "Incomplete Media Items" includes DVDs, CDs and CD-Roms returned without cover art, liner notes, booklets, and/or accessories.
To ensure that everyone has a chance to access the Summer Reading Collection, the following special rules will apply:
- 14 day loan period during May-Oct
- No renewals during May-Oct
- Only 2 Children's books (Grades 2-8, Any) or 1 High School Book (Grades 9-12, Any) may be checked out on an individual library card at one time.
- No reserves allowed